Our Response to COVID-19
March 15, 2020
To our valued clients, families, and volunteer:
Solid Ground has been staying abreast of local, regional and national news and guidelines and has been operating with new health safety protocols and practices to address COVID-19 concerns. Given the recent outbreak of COVID-19, Solid Ground Equine Assisted Activities and Therapy Center will implement CDC recommended practices to protect clients and volunteers from exposure to the best of our ability.
At this time, we are closed for sessions. Spring sessions are scheduled to begin in mid-April and we will reevaluate on April 1, 2020. We are closely monitoring evolving guidelines and will make thoughtful actions to reflect these recommendations. At this time, we are planning to hold sessions as scheduled.
We care greatly for our clients and the community. We understand the importance of connection and support during this time. However, whether you are a client, family member, or volunteer – your safety and well-being is our leading priority.
TAKE STEPS TO PROTECT YOURSELF [CDC Recommendations]
- Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
- Clean and disinfect
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
Matthew Vinson, MSW
President, Board of Directors
Solid Ground Equine Assisted Activities & Therapy Center
Klamath Falls, Oregon